first_imgWindies almost bottom of Test table DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CMC): Lowly ranked West Indies have experienced an 11-point slide and are in danger of replacing Bangladesh at the bottom of the table in the ICC Test team rankings. Bangladesh are breathing down the necks of the West Indies Test side, trailing them by just eight points, according to the latest International Cricket Council (ICC) Test rankings, which included the annual update, released yesterday. West Indies have retained eighth position, but have dropped from 79 points to 65. The gap between the Caribbean side and ninth-ranked Bangladesh has been slashed from 29 points to just eight points. The ICC says with the annual update the results from 2012-13 are no longer included in the calculations and outcomes from the 2014-15 series are weighted at 50 per cent. Meanwhile, Australia have opened up a six-point gap over India at the top of the rankings, while India now lead third-placed Pakistan by just one point. Wade ‘honoured’ to be Prince’s favourite player MIAMI (AP): Dwyane Wade says he’s feeling “all kinds of emotions” after hearing that he was Prince’s favourite basketball player. The Miami Heat star took to Twitter after hearing Prince’s comments in a 2012 Australian radio interview the late pop icon conducted with model Damaris Lewis. Wade tweeted that he knows he has fans and supporters around the world, but “hearing Prince say those words was an ultimate compliment”. Prince died last month at his Minnesota home at the age of 57. Bahamas FA backs Haven against FIFA ban NASSAU, Bahamas (CMC): The Bahamas Football Association (BFA) has thrown its support behind Lionel Haven, a former executive member of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), who has been slapped with a five-year ban by FIFA, football’s governing body. “Lionel has worked with the BFA for a number of years,” Sealey said. “He was a dedicated and committed general secretary, who helped us achieve much of what we are being credited for today.” Haven, also a former Bahamas Football Association’s (BFA) secretary general who has denied any wrong doing, was slapped with a fine of US$3000 in addition to the five-year ban. FIFA’s ethics committee says Haven has failed to disclose information on cash payments at a CFU event in 2011. “We are confident and satisfied that his involvement in this, is as he stated,” said Sealey. “I spoke to him immediately after having reported it and I’m satisfied that he had no involvement in this and we stand behind him.” The ban stems from the so-called cash for votes controversy, in which Caribbean football executives were handed US$40,000 stuffed in envelopes at an upscale hotel in Trinidad ahead of the 2011 FIFA presidential election.last_img read more

first_img…say passengers fearfulThe quantity of passengers who utilise the route 42 (Diamond-Grove) buses to travel and conduct daily errands has diminished significantly and according to drivers, it is due to the far distance and unscrupulous operators who are operating outside of the recently relocated bus park.Speaking with Guyana Times on Saturday, the troubled drivers shared their complaints as they have not been able to make a proper daily earning since commuters are refusing to traverse the additional journey to reach the bus park. Additionally, others are choosing to utilise taxis and other transportation which willScarce passengers and reduced operations on Bugle Street since the relocation of the bus parkget them to their destination faster than waiting for the buses to full.One driver who identified himself as Derrick (only name given) told this publication that a day’s scenario involves many buses leaving the park with just a few passengers because it now takes close to 40 minutes to acquire a full load.“Some days, instead of 15 person you leaving here with seven or even less. The trouble is to walk at the back here with all your goods that you buy through this sun. The couple [persons] that reach here don’t want to wait so we got to go away with half load.”He explained that while the vehicles are consuming the same amount of fuel to complete the route, they are making just over half of their daily earnings.“It really hard for us cause they saying is years we gotta spend here. Some of us don’t know if we lasting til Christmas. When we getting the park back? This is not even a park. We operating on the street.”“I get a conductor that got to get pay by the end of the day. I got to buy gas and then I got to give bribe to the constab [City Constabulary] cause they coming every hour to check if we just step out of the line. That’s the truth. This is a hole cause some people still don’t know that we here!” said another by the name of Sheik.It was relayed by him that they drivers are also afraid to work into the late evening hours since the robbery rate in the area is skyrocketing. The prevalence of petty thieves is increasing in the nights, whereby commuters are constantly being relieved of the belongings, mostly phones, cash and jewellery.The men noted that they would’ve made efforts to contact the Mayor and City Council (M&CC) but to no avail.Since August, the park was relocated to make accommodation for vendors of the Stabroek Wharf which was deemed unsafe until rehabilitative works are carried out. Some have been placed on Bugle Street while the others are currently at Water Street.Drivers are calling for the Town Council to look into the issue and hopefully provide another spot which is not detached from the Stabroek Market and its adjoining transportation hub.last_img read more

first_imgA draw would secure their place in the knockout stage, and a win would see them qualify in first position. However, losing could see Klopp’s men knocked into the Europa League.“We have a very important job to do tonight – and that means all of us connected with Liverpool Football Club. Players of course, but also staff, supporters certainly, and yes me as the manager,” Klopp wrote in This is Anfield.“So much hard work culminates in what happens over this coming 90 minutes, and I don’t say this to make pressure or worry – I say this because it is our situation.“At full-time we will either be able to enjoy and celebrate reaching the knockout stages of this amazing competition or our involvement in the Champions League will be over for another season. This is what is at stake this evening and we all recognise there is a very big task in front of us.“Again: this is not about pressure – this is about opportunity. I want everyone inside Anfield with a beating red heart to embrace this opportunity.“We have done so before. We did it in the final game of last season when we knew we had to beat Middlesbrough to qualify for the Champions League. We did it back in August against Hoffenheim when we needed to reach the actual group stages. And tonight there is another big job to do.”0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Liverpool’s manager Jurgen Klopp gestures on the touchline during their match against Chelsea at Anfield in Liverpool, north west England on November 25, 2017LIVERPOOL, United Kingdom, Dec 6 – Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has emphasised the importance of the Reds’ UEFA Champions League Group E clash with Spartak Moscow on Wednesday night.The Merseyside club are sitting top of their group with one game left before the last-16 stage. They lead second-placed Sevilla by one point, while Spartak are three points behind Liverpool.last_img read more

first_imgUnited fans, what did you think of Falcao’s performance and should the Colombian be signed on a permanent deal at the end of the season? Comment below… Time is running out for Radamel Falcao to impress, after the striker’s latest ineffective performance. After a string of unconvincing displays, Manchester United suffered a scare in their FA Cup Fifth Round clash with Preston North End, before eventually running out 3-1 winners at Deepdale.However, time is running out for Radamel Falcao to impress, after the striker’s latest ineffective performance.The Colombian joined United on a £6m season-long loan deal from Monaco, earning a staggering £265,000-a-week, but a return of just four goals in 19 games does little to convince Louis van Vaal to splash out £43.5m to make the deal permanent at the end of the season.More damning for Falcao, is the fact that United were losing 1-0 when he left the field at Preston, but following Marouane Fellaini’s switch from midfield to striker, United scored three goals to book their place in the next round.What did United fans make of Falcao’s latest performance? See some of their reaction below…center_img 1last_img read more

first_img Mauro Icardi Chelsea and Manchester City target Mauro Icardi has turned down Inter Milan’s latest contract offer.The striker is expected to be on the move this summer after scoring 21 goals in all competitions.The Premier League champions and Manuel Pellegrini’s men are said to be leading the chase, with both clubs eager to bolster their attacking options.And, according to Sky Sport Italia, the Premier League duo have been given a boost in their pursuit of the Argentine after he turned down Inter’s latest contract offer.The 22-year-old’s current deal does not expire until 2018 but the Italian club are looking to extend that by a year.However for that to happen Icardi has asked for around £3m-a-year, an amount Inter are currently unwilling to pay. 1last_img

first_imgBrendan Rodgers endured the worst possible start to his Celtic career, as the Scottish giants were defeated 1-0 by Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar in his first competitive game.Looking to qualify for the Champions League group stage, the Bhoys were clear favourites to overcome the minnows with ease, but Lee Casciaro’s goal just after half-time sent the Parkhead club to arguably the most embarrassing defeat in their history.A long punt downfield fell to the Gibraltarian international forward, and after flicking the ball over Efe Ambrose’s head, he sent a composed finish past Craig Gordon.Celtic found no way back into the game, and although they are likely to win the return leg of the qualifier, this defeat will go down in infamy.You can watch the historic goal above…last_img

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! LANCASTER — Antelope Valley Union High School District officials say they will postpone some construction projects, revise other building plans and try again to pass another school bond measure in the wake of voters’ rejection of the district’s $177.5 million bond measure. Had Measure E passed last week, officials planned to build two new high schools, complete construction of Eastside High, expand Quartz Hill High, and add two new science labs at Lancaster. The construction of Eastside High School’s administration building, theater/fine arts building and canopied entryway will be put on hold, as will the addition of the science labs at Lancaster. Quartz Hill High’s expansion will be done with modular buildings rather than the construction of permanent buildings. A new high school planned in southeast Palmdale will probably consist of modular buildings. “We are making adjustments as we go with our overall building program. Some projects are being put on hold, others are being modified. We will be adding modular buildings rather than permanent construction,” Deputy Superintendent Jeff Foster said. “Obviously, we will make another attempt to garner support from the community.” Measure E was supported by 52.2 percent of voters, short of the 55 percent needed to pass. The measure would have taxed property owners about $30 per $100,000 of assessed valuation. Westside Union School District’s $67.5 million bond measure also fell short, getting 52.3 percent of the vote, also short of the 55 percent required. High school district officials predict that enrollment will grow at some campuses to 4,000 students. The district is projected to grow by 1,000 students a year. “The big losers are the kids. That’s very unfortunate,” Foster said. “What we are trying to do here is serve children and provide everyone with facilities they need for their education. We are retooling and will plug forward.” Foster said existing funds from a 2002 bond issue and developer fees will pay for completing the balance of Eastside High, which includes classrooms, cafeteria, two gymnasiums, library and lab facilities. No decision has been made on when the district will try for another bond, but November 2007 might be a possible date, Foster said.last_img read more

first_imgTHE DONEGAL County Board has hit back at claims being made in Tyrone tonight about the alleged sledging of a Donegal Minor player by Tyrone players in May.The Tyrone GAA news website TeamTalkMag.com reported it has learned this evening “that a series of allegations attributed to Tyrone minor footballers during the championship game against Donegal, “did not take place” according to Ulster GAA.”But in the past half hour Donegal GAA has responded. It’s statement said: “CLG Dhun na nGall wish to vehemently refute the story on teamtalkmag.com this evening.CLG Dhun na nGall has in its possession the Ulster Council CCC Investigation Report and the conclusions reached were agreed by both CLG Thir Eoghain and CLG Dhun na nGall at a meeting on Wednesday September 23rd.“We understand that the Ulster Council will make a statement in the morning accordingly.”The allegations surrounded the alleged treatment of a Donegal player during an Ulster Minor clash in Ballybofey in May. The Tyrone GAA news website claimed that “the Ulster Council in their judgement exonerated the Tyrone minor players, management and coaches.”It went on to attack the Donegal media, the Donegal management team and RTE pundits. DONEGAL COUNTY BOARD ‘UTTERLY REFUTE’ TYRONE CLAIMS ON MINOR SLEDGING INQUIRY was last modified: November 3rd, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalMinorsrowSledgingTyronelast_img read more

first_img Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star three-way race Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer targets Both Koscielny and Luiz appear on it, along with 12 other names which include former Southampton and West Ham man Jose Fonte, according to El Mundo Deportivo.The Nou Camp club are short at the back with both Samuel Umtiti and ex-Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen both currently injured.Gerard Pique and summer arrival Clement Lenglet have forged a solid partnership at centre-back so far but Barca are now ready to enter the transfer market in order to add some strength in depth. Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade LATEST LIVING THE DREAM Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January TOP WORK targets Latest Transfer News Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti REVEALED IN DEMAND Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Barcelona are interested in Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny and Chelsea man David Luiz, according to reports in Spain.The Blaugrana are hoping to land an experienced central defender who will not break the bank once the January transfer window opens and they have drawn up a list of targets. moving on Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Laurent Koscielny and David Luiz are surprise targets for the Camp Nou club RANKED 1 Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father last_img read more

first_imgUNPRECEDENTED cooperation between the Garda and the PSNI will prevent drink-drivers escaping from one jurisdiction to another, it was announced today.Both police forces launched their annual Christmas road safety campaign at the Border crossing at Bridgend today.Garda traffic corps Inspector Michael Harrison said cooperation between the two forces was excellent. “This great cooperation happens all year round, but we put particular emphasis on it at Christmas,” he said.“This is a further warning to those who still drink and drive that no matter what side of the Border you are on – Derry or Donegal – the Gardai and the PSNI are out and we will detect you.“We have had quite a few incidents where people have travelled from one jurisdiction to the other and thanks to that cooperation people have been apprehended.”The national Christmas road safety launch was also announced today. It comes after a weekend which saw six people killed on the nation’s roads including Mr Danny Doherty from Quigley’s Point who died in a collision near Redacastle on Friday afternoon.© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldaily Sell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.comCROSS-BORDER CRACKDOWN ON DRINK DRIVERS LAUNCHED was last modified: December 12th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more