first_imgAll public gatherings and events now require official authorization and social distancing of 1.5 meters has been imposed in shops and on public transport under threat of fines. “The number of reported hospital admissions and the number of deceased patients appears to be increasing less rapidly than would be expected without measures in place,” the institute said on its website. “In a number of days, it can be concluded whether the number of hospital admissions and the number of deaths among reported patients is actually leveling off, and thus how well the measures are working.”More than two-thirds of the more than 31,000 deaths worldwide from coronavirus have now been recorded in Europe and the Netherlands has warned people will be put under confinement if the measures already taken do not work.Schools, bars, restaurants, coffee houses and even brothels have been shut down since March 16, while school-leaving exams have been cancelled. The number of confirmed novel coronavirus cases in the Netherlands passed the 10,000 mark on Sunday, the authorities said, as the country focuses on building up herd immunity rather than confining the population of 17 million. A total of 771 people have died from the COVID-19 epidemic in the Netherlands and 10,866 have tested positive, the country’s institute for public health and environment (RIVM) said.The Dutch government has adopted a series of measures to fight the virus, but has decided so far not to force people to stay home. A review of the policy is due to be unveiled on Tuesday.center_img Topics :last_img read more

first_imgOn Sunday, federal interior minister Amit Shah, one of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s closest aides, as well as the chief minister of the southern state of Karnataka, were hospitalized. The chief of the central state of Madhya Pradesh is also recovering in hospital.It was not immediately clear whether Shah’s cabinet colleagues, including the finance minister, had isolated themselves.As infections continue to surge in the country, having registered a record of 57,118 on Saturday, India has also stepped up efforts to test more people and search for a vaccine.The health ministry said on Twitter that the country’s drugs authorities had allowed Serum Institute of India, the world’s largest manufacturer of vaccines by volume, to conduct clinical trials of a vaccine candidate developed by Oxford University and AstraZeneca Plc.  India’s interior minister and the chiefs of two big states have been hospitalized with COVID-19 as the country’s daily cases topped 50,000 for a fifth straight day on Monday.The country reported 52,972 new confirmed infections in the past 24 hours, taking the total to 1.8 million – the third highest in the world after the United States and Brazil – data from India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare showed on Monday.With 771 new deaths, the COVID-19 disease has now killed 38,135 people in India, including that of a minister on Sunday in the most-populous state of Uttar Pradesh. Topics :last_img read more

first_img 1 min. story Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 29 Jan 2020 1:46 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link7.4kShares Skip Pablo Mari sends message to Arsenal fans after becoming Mikel Arteta’s first signing Top articles PLAY by Metro Coming Next Pablo Mari became Mikel Arteta’s first Arsenal signing (Picture: Getty)Pablo Mari insists he is delighted to join ‘one of the best clubs in the world’ in Arsenal and says he intends to achieve ‘big things’ while at the Emirates.Spanish defender Mari became the first signing of Mikel Arteta’s reign on Wednesday when he joined the Gunners on loan from Flamengo until the end of the season.Arsenal identified Mari as a priority target earlier in the month and have the option to sign the 26-year-old on a permanent deal in the summer.Speaking out after joining the Gunners, Mari said: ‘This is one of the best clubs in the world, so I’m absolutely delighted to be joining.ADVERTISEMENT Comment Full Screen AdvertisementAdvertisement‘I’m really looking forward to playing in this jersey and helping my team.’Asked what Arsenal fans can expect from him, Mari added: ‘I’m a very professional player. I like working hard every day to achieve objectives.‘One thing I can control is working hard on a daily basis to help my team-mates to win football matches and repay the faith that Mikel and Arsenal have shown me by signing me to play here, so that’s my main objective.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I want to take it one day at a time and achieve big things at Arsenal.’Arsenal appeared set to miss out on Mari despite the Spaniard arriving in London last week to undergo a medical with the club.But the Gunners were able to force through a January deal, bolstering Arteta’s defensive options with a player who has thrived at Flamengo following a move from Manchester City.Asked what he expects from the Premier League, Mari added: ‘Right now I want to focus on the day-to-day side of things. Read More Arsenal have the option to sign Mari on a permanent deal in the summer (Picture: Getty)‘I think we need to put the plans to one side for now because the most important thing is to take things one day at a time and focus on achieving short-term goals.‘We need to change the dynamic around the team, so the short-term objectives are the most important thing.‘As I’ve said, we have Mikel’s ideas, aligned with the club, and we need to perform very well to change things.’MORE: Pablo Mari rates own performance against Salah and Mane after Arsenal moveMORE: Arsenal target another loan signing once Pablo Mari arrivesMore: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira moves Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling Read More Advertisement Read More Read More 1/1 SPONSORED Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE Read More About Connatix V67539 Skip Ad Video Settings / Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgThe Ministry announced that the government would soon present a number of recommendations on how to overcome hurdles to the establishment of pension plans, particularly for small and medium-sized enterprises.According to the government’s latest survey, 55-60% of Pensionskasse or Pensionsfonds members in Germany have opted for deferred compensation, implemented in 2002.And more than half of surveyed Pensionskassen, 93% of Pensionsfonds and 85% of direct insurance providers say they are optimistic that membership figures in their respective vehicles will increase.However, the Ministry pointed out that respondents had shown similar degrees of optimism in previous surveys – optimism that had been justified only “to a limited degree”. Germany’s second-pillar pension system “needs strengthening” despite the fact participation in it has kept pace with the number of working people in the country, according to the Ministry for Labour and Social Affairs.As of the end of December 2013, the number of working people in Germany with an occupational pension plan stood at just over 20m, a 3% increase since the government’s previous survey, commissioned in 2011.According to the 2013 survey, the number of active members in the second pillar has increased by approximately 30% since 2001 – more or less in line with the number of working people overall.While the government cited the role of the private sector in increasing the number of people covered by a pension plan, it also pointed out that Germany’s overall participation rate remained unchanged at roughly 60%.last_img read more

first_img MORE NEWS: Coast agent selling Quade Cooper’s property A Gold Coast family dropped more than $15 million on three properties near Beaudesert. Supplied.Ray White Rural Queensland agent Peter Douglas said there were 45 registered bidders.“I am simply ecstatic with the result,” he said.“Throughout the campaign we had buyers come from interstate but today all three sold to one Gold Coast based family who have bought them to turn into a farm.”“It’s so brilliant to get every property sold under the hammer. More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa14 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago“We sold like a train today.”A 556ha holding sold for $11.5 million in a fast auction with 14 registered bidders while a multi-titled 146.6ha parcel sold for $3.1 million and a 75ha lot went for $1.2 million. THE FINAL three Queensland rural properties, once earmarked for the former Glendowner Dam project around Beaudesert, sold at auction yesterday for almost $15.8 million.A GOLD Coast family has dropped more than $15 million on three properties at an auction event.The three rural properties, owned by the State Government and once earmarked for the former Glendowner Dam project around Beaudesert, sold at auction on Friday for $15.8 million.In front of 200 people in Beaudesert, Ray White Rural sold the three properties to a mystery Gold Coast family who bought themto create one landholding. Aerial view of the multi-titled 146.6ha parcel that sold for $3.1 million.“I knew we’d have plenty of interest as these were genuine sales of good country which is very rarely available so close to the Gold Coast,” he said.The properties are about 60km from Southport and 70km from Brisbane.The listing described them as a combination of large agricultural holdings and lifestyle properties.“While each is different, they all enjoy wonderful views and are characterised by soft rolling river country,” the listing states. MORE NEWS: Sporting stars selling Gold Coast homes “All the country is predominately open.“These are very good country with some strong river flats and excellent water storages.”Ray White Rural Beaudesert principal Ed Dalton and sales agent Andrew Thomson marketed the properties along side Ray White Rural Queensland agent Peter Douglas.last_img read more

first_img Share Sharing is caring! Tweet 468 Views   no discussions LifestyleLocalNewsPolitics At Least 300 Families to Get Homes by: – May 5, 2020center_img Share In the coming months, more than 100 families will get new homes from the Dominica government. This figure does not include housing projects which are in preparation stages- those are projected to bring improved shelter to at least 300 families combined.The Hon Prime Minister, Roosevelt Skerrit shared the news of several housing projects nearing completion and scores of keys waiting to be handed over.“Within the next couple of weeks, some 66 individuals in the San Sauveur/Good Hope area will receive keys to their apartments,” Hon Skerrit revealed adding that these families “will be taken out of their vulnerable state into climate resilient residences…to usher in the hurricane season.”In Jimmit, he said between June and July, “We will be handing over some 30 keys. I am hoping to visit a site in Massacre where I will be authorising the construction of 60-70 residences for the people of Massacre, Mahaut and Canefield.”Another tranche of homes, more than 100, at varying stages of readiness, are scattered across the island.“In Stockfarm, we have 33 residences there and by June we will be handing over keys to these people,” he said.A second apartment building in Grand Fond will see others of the area receive their keys in the next few days.‘We will be starting off some 70 residences in Wesley hopefully towards the end of May to early June,” the Hon Prime Minister added.In Roseau, near the Dominica Grammar School, Hon Skerrit says the site is being prepared for work on at least 60 homes for the capital. A shipment of construction material is due any day.Hon Skerrit says another construction site is being finalised for more houses. Sharelast_img read more

first_imgVINTON, Iowa – Seventeen chassis builders vie for national and regional honors in IMCA’s 10th annual Manufacturer’s Cup contest.The national crown will be accompanied by a $500 prize and trophy while plaques go to the top builder in each of the five Modified regions.Standings will again be based on makes of chassis driven by top 10 drivers in each region. 2018 champions will be named based on points for individual regions while the builder with the highest point total overall will be named IMCA’s national Manufacturer of the Year.“Many of the best chassis builders in the nation are part of this program,” noted IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder. “We are coming off the best year in contest history, with different winners in each of the five regions and a close contest nation-wide that sets up a good encore for 2018.”First-time Manufacturer’s Cup entries are Fury Chassis of Stuart, Neb., Lethal Chassis of Mooresville, N.C., and Longhorn Chassis of Trinity, N.C.Builders returning to Cup competition include B & B Racing Chassis of Belle Plaine, Minn.; BMS Race Cars of Great Bend, Kan.; CAM Chassis of Midlothian, Texas; DeVilbiss Racing Chassis of Farming­ton, N.M.; Dirt Works Race Cars of Oronogo, Mo.; GRT Race Cars of Greenbrier, Ark.; Harris Auto Racing of Boone; Jet Racing of Beatrice, Neb.; Larry Shaw Race Cars of Batesville, Ark.; Rage Chassis of West Union; Razor Chassis of Platte Center, Neb.; Side Biter Chassis of Clear Lake; Skyrocket Chassis of Fertile; and Victory by Moyer of Des Moines.All builders entered in the Manufacturers’ Cup contest have the opportunity to display a car at Boone Speedway during the Sept. 3-8 IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Ca­sey’s.Manufacturer’s Cup awards will be presented during the IMCA national banquet in November.last_img read more

first_imgDr. Box visits with members of the Ohio County Health Department on December 21, 2018, as she completes her visits to all 93 local health departments.Indianapolis, In. — State Health Commissioner Kris Box, M.D., FACOG, today is completing one of the first goals she set for herself when she became state health commissioner more than a year ago—to learn more about public health across Indiana by visiting all 93 local health departments.She began her tour of local health departments in December 2017 and will complete it today by visiting the Ohio, Jennings, Bartholomew and Brown County health departments.“I’ve logged a lot of miles this year on a journey that has taught me about the unique areas of our state and about how our local partners are working to improve public health,” Box said. “I’ve learned about their challenges and their successes as they work to improve the well-being of their communities, and I value the partnerships we have with them more than ever.”Local health departments provide services that help protect residents’ health, such as environmental health services, food protection, emergency preparedness, preventive and primary care, immunizations, training and education. The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) provides direct support to local health departments and their respective boards of health to help them deliver these essential public health services.Box, who has pledged to make Indiana the “best at getting better” when it comes to the health of its residents, said the feedback from local health departments has been invaluable because it has shown that every county faces unique challenges.“I believe firmly that we can’t make decisions in a vacuum,” Box said. “We have to know what people are saying and doing in our communities because what we think will work in Indianapolis might not be a good fit in rural southern Indiana. My visits to the local health departments have been incredibly enlightening and have helped shape my thoughts on how ISDH can best address the opioid epidemic, infant mortality, tobacco use, obesity and other pressing health issues facing our state.”last_img read more

first_imgSharjah: A big daddy Virat Kohli hundred or a Rohit Sharma special laced with humongous sixes to take India past the 300-plus run mark is a common sight in today’s day and age. But it was not the case in the late 90s’ when the par scorewas around 250.On this day, in 1996 it changed as India scored 300 or more in an ODI match for the first time, at Sharjah against Pakistan. The Mohammad Azharuddin-led side won by 28 runs with Little Master Sachin Tendulkar (118) and Navjot Singh Sidhu (101) forging a record 231-run stand for the second wicket.Azhar took India past the 300-run mark with a quickfire 10-ball 29 as they posted 305/5. India’s innings was all about the class of Tendulkar who hit eight fours and two sixes while Sidhu was all about running between the wickets and keeping the scoreboard ticking.India went on to win the game by 28 runs. This match is also known for Sidhu losing his temper in an exchange of words with Waqar Younis and skipper Aamir Sohail. Tendulkar tried to calm things down and worked with Sidhu as they built record stand which took India to a famous win.In reply, Pakistan rode fifties from Sohail and wicketkeeper batsman Rashid Latif with Ijaz Ahmed and Saleem Malik both scoring 42. They were all out for 277 with pace spearhead Javagal Srinath returning best figures of 3/65.Tendulkar did well with the ball too, taking two wickets — Basit Ali and Saqlain Mushtaq. (IANS)Also Read: Sachin Tendulkar gritty knock in year 1998 is how to fight COVID-19: Ian ChappellAlso Watch: Hagrama Mohilary organizes a press-meet on Coronavirus situation and distribution of Rationslast_img read more

first_imgNYON: Euro 2020 may have been postponed to next year but European football’s governing body UEFA will be streaming the finals of the eSports version of the tournament this weekend. The eEuro will be staged virtually and streamed live Saturday and Sunday.UEFA says in its website that the tournament features all 55 football associations affiliated with it. “The format of the tournament is similar to UEFA EURO 2020, involving a qualification phase and culminating in the final tournament. It is played exclusively on Konami’s eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 (PES 20) on Playstation 4,” said UEFA. The qualifying phase ran between March 9 and 30. A draw placed the 55 teams into ten groups of five or six, with each country playing two matches (1-vs-1) against the other countries in the same group; points from both matches were added to the group table. The ten group winners qualified directly for the final tournament. The ten runners-up competed in a play-off tournament to determine the other six finalists. A draw placed them into two groups of five, with the top three from each advancing to the finals. A total of 100,000 Euros in cash prizes will be split between all the finalists, including 40,000 Euros for the winners. The matches start at 1.45pm CEST (6.15pm IST) on Saturday and 10.45am CEST (2.15pm IST) on Sunday. IANS Also Read: Dominant Hertha Berlin rout Union 4-0 in Berlin derbylast_img read more