first_imgFriday Jul 31, 2015 Mammoth tackle as two giant Polish forwards meet in Cup Final A few weeks back this huge collision took place in the final of the Ekstraliga, Poland’s top league for rugby. You may have come across it but we haven’t featured it yet, and it really is a must see hit. It’s been described as the 300kg clash, as these two giant men met in midfield.The final was between two of the best teams in the league, Rugby Club Arka Gdynia and Budowlani SA Lodz. It was a close contest but Arka Gydnia came out on top, 24-19.This tackle by Gdynia lock Mateusz Bartoszek, on massive prop Toma Mchedlidze, was clearly one of the highlights of the match. It looked a bit like gladiators colliding, as burly Mchedlidza, who looks like he spends his days chopping down trees while eating small children, took a well timed crash ball from his number ten.Bartoszek was waiting though, and despite making the huge tackle, actually ended up in trouble, as the savage impact looked like it injured his arm or shoulder. Brutal.credit: polsatsport.plADVERTISEMENT Posted By: rugbydump Share Send Thanks Sorry there has been an error Big Hits & Dirty Play Related Articles 25 WEEKS AGO Suspensions handed down after testicle grabbing… 26 WEEKS AGO The ‘double ruffle’ splits opinion with fans… 26 WEEKS AGO WATCH: The nastiest and most brutal moments… From the WebThis Video Will Soon Be Banned. Watch Before It’s DeletedSecrets RevealedUrologists Stunned: Forget the Blue Pill, This “Fixes” Your EDSmart Life ReportsYou Won’t Believe What the World’s Most Beautiful Girl Looks Like TodayNueeyDoctors Stunned: This Removes Wrinkles Like Crazy! (Try Tonight)Smart Life ReportsIf You Have Ringing Ears Do This Immediately (Ends Tinnitus)Healthier Living30+ Everyday Items with a Secret Hidden PurposeNueeyThe content you see here is paid for by the advertiser or content provider whose link you click on, and is recommended to you by Revcontent. As the leading platform for native advertising and content recommendation, Revcontent uses interest based targeting to select content that we think will be of particular interest to you. We encourage you to view your opt out options in Revcontent’s Privacy PolicyWant your content to appear on sites like this?Increase Your Engagement Now!Want to report this publisher’s content as misinformation?Submit a ReportGot it, thanks!Remove Content Link?Please choose a reason below:Fake NewsMisleadingNot InterestedOffensiveRepetitiveSubmitCancellast_img read more

first_img BelarusEurope – Central Asia “We welcome opening of criminal investigation in Lithuania in response to our complaint against Lukashenko” RSF says RSF at the Belarusian border: “The terrorist is the one who jails journalists and intimidates the public” Help by sharing this information RSF_en Reporters Without Borders today hailed the announced reopening of the investigation into the October 2003 murder of journalist Alexei Sidorov but voiced concern that the local prosecutor’s office is still in charge of the case and reiterated its call for it to be transferred to the Russian Federation prosecutor-general.The reopening of the case was announced by Samara regional deputy prosecutor Evgeni Novojilov who, according to a report in the daily Izvestia on 14 February, said two new leads would be followed up that were unrelated to those previously pursued. He said one involved a well-known regional crime organization but he have no further details.While welcoming the reopening of the case as “positive” as far as it went, Reporters Without Borders said it again called on Russian Federation prosecutor-general Vladimir Ustinov “to personally take over the investigation in order to guarantee its transparency and objectivity.”The editor of the regional daily newspaper Toliattinskoye Obosrenie, Sidorov was stabbed by two men in the parking lot of his apartment building in the city of Togliatti on 9 October 2003 and died moments later in the arms of his wife. Aged 31, he had taken over as editor from Valery Ivanov, who had been murdered in similar circumstances on 29 April 2002.Before being named editor, Sidorov worked as an investigative journalist for the newspaper, and a few weeks before his death he had gone back to investigating organized crime.On 11 October 2004, local welder Evgeni Maininger was acquitted by a Togliatti court of Sidorov’s murder on the grounds of lack of proof. He had been accused of killing him in a street brawl. According to the official version, Maininger met Sidorov in the street by chance and asked for a loan to buy vodka. A fight broke out when Sidorov refused and Maininger allegedly stabbed him several times before fleeing and throwing away the murder weapon in a forest.After a fact-finding visit to Togliatti in October 2003, Reporters Without Borders expressed reserves about the quality of the investigation being conducted by the local prosecutor’s office. It was in October 2004 that Reporters Without Borders first asked Prosecutor-General Ustinov to take over the investigation on the grounds that the local prosecutor’s office was unsuited. News News to go further Follow the news on Belarus Receive email alerts May 28, 2021 Find out more June 2, 2021 Find out more News Organisation BelarusEurope – Central Asia In response to an announcement by the Samara regional deputy prosecutor that the investigation into the murderof journalist Alexei Sidorov is being reopened, Reporters Without Borders has reiterated its call for the caseto be transferred to the Russian Federation prosecutor-general. News May 27, 2021 Find out more February 18, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Sidorov case reopened but local prosecutor’s office still in charge Russian media boss drops the pretence and defends Belarus crackdown last_img read more

first_img Kane, 21, was chosen as Spurs captain after a week which has also seen him score on his England debut and make his first start for the national team. Kane said: “Yes you could say it has been the best week of my life – to score, to make my first start and score for England, and to be captain today. It has been an unbelievable couple of weeks and one I won’t forget for the rest of my career.” Harry Kane hailed the best week of his life despite his Tottenham side being held to a goalless draw at Burnley. It was a frustrating end to the week however as Burnley dug in to earn a precious point in their relegation battle and Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino admitted a top-four place may now be beyond his side – they are seven points off fourth-placed Manchester City with a vastly inferior goal difference. Pochettino said: “It is difficult but we have seven games, we will try. It is true that it is not easy. This game was a very tough game and we need to try to win the most points possible in the next seven games. “The way Burnley play it is difficult, because always there is long balls into the box. They are a very aggressive team and run a lot. It is difficult to find space to play. “We played better in the second half and we made some chances but it was not enough to score. Three weeks ago Manchester City lost here. It is not an excuse but it is a very, very difficult team.” Pochettino confirmed Kyle Walker, who limped off, has a sprain but said it was “not a big issue”. Burnley manager Sean Dyche claimed the Clarets had the better of the match and rued a gilt-edged chance missed by Danny Ings, who shot straight at Michel Vorm when it seemed easier to score. He said: “I think we edged the game, but there was not a lot in it. “We kept the tempo high and kept pressing high. Danny has had a great chance and it was unlike him not to put it away, he almost hit it too cleanly. “Having said that we are pleased to get another clean sheet against a top side.” Dyche picked out Ashley Barnes for special praise but said the whole of his team had performed well against a Spurs side boasting four England players. The Burnley boss also said he was not too concerned by their struggles to find the net – they have only scored once in five games. He added: “I prefer to look at it as two clean sheets in last three games against some fantastic sides.” Burnley skipper Jason Shackell admitted the Clarets need to be more ruthless in front of goal. He said: “I’m a little disappointed. I thought we played well and we had a few chances. We need to be a bit more clinical between now and the end of the season but it’s another point and that’s a point in the right direction. “If Danny had put the ball in the back of the net of course it would have been different but he’s been phenomenal and will get a few more goals for us before the end of the season for sure. “We have said it from the beginning. We’re hard to beat, we’re organised and we’re not an easy game for anyone. We have seven big games to go and we’re looking forward to it.” Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson aimed a dig at Spurs substitute Andros Townsend after the match. The pair have exchanged words on Twitter in recent weeks over the striker’s appearances for England, with former Arsenal man Merson questioning Townsend’s value to the squad before he scored an impressive equaliser against Italy. Merson tweeted: “Just been watching the game @andros_townsend , did you miss the coach? #RubberDub #7minutes” Press Associationlast_img read more