first_imgAn incredulous Bob Arum labeled Andres Gutierrez a “disgrace” after the fighter was pulled out of his WBC super featherweight world title eliminator against Oscar Valdez for weighing in a stunning 11 pounds over the limit.Valdez’s debut at 130 pounds will now come against late replacement Adam Lopez, who was previously scheduled to appear on the undercard. Veteran promoter Arum told FightHype.com: “I’ve seen a guy two or three pounds overweight, that’s still unprofessional. To come in 11 pounds overweight is a f—ing disgrace. We’re throwing him out of the hotel.”Join DAZN to watch Ruiz vs. Joshua 2 and 100-plus fight nights a yearAsked if there was any chance of Valdez still facing Gutierrez, Arum added: “I am not allowing, and neither would the commission allow, a fight to go ahead at 130 when a guy comes in 11 pounds over that. You’re not allowed. There’s rules.”Gutierrez was duly suspended by the WBC, which lamented his “embarrassing and extraordinary action” in a statement. WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said: “What just happened in Las Vegas is of extreme concern. Gutierrez is officially suspended by the WBC and we will initiate a thorough investigation of the facts.”Before Lopez’s promotion to the main event was confirmed, a dejected Valdez made it clear he was still willing to face Gutierrez.”My immediate reaction was ‘I’ll still fight him,’ because now there’s even more anger. Now I really want to get in there and really kick your ass.” @CrystinaPoncher with @oscarvaldez56 , who has even more motivation now against a new opponent. #ValdezLopez | TOMORROW | ESPN+ pic.twitter.com/L4ZWhOv7Eo— Top Rank Boxing (@trboxing) November 30, 2019″It’s unbelievable. I had to hear it [Gutierrez’s weight] twice because I wasn’t sure if it was 131 or 141. When I saw it was 141, I couldn’t believe that,” Valdez, the former WBO featherweight champion, said. “It’s very unprofessional. I’m very upset. I’m just very disappointed in him.”last_img read more

first_img1 Chelsea have agreed a £40million move for Manchester United target Tiemoue Bakayoko, who will pen a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge.According to French outlet RMC, the deal is done, with a medical booked in for Friday ahead of the official completion of the transfer.French champions Monaco have finally accepted the offer from Chelsea, who made Bakayoko one of their top targets earlier this summer.It will come as bad news for United, who have also been extensively linked with the young Frenchman during this window.United boss Jose Mourinho is desperate to land a hard-working, combative midfielder before the start of the season and Bakayoko appeared to fit the bill.The Old Trafford giants have also been linked with Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic, Tottenham’s Eric Dier and Roma’s Belgian ace Radja Nainggolan.Bakayoko was a key member of the Monaco squad who won Ligue 1 and reached the Champions League semi-final and is now considered one of the best midfielders of his kind in world football.As such, £40m could eventually be considered as very shrewd business for the man still under contract until 2019.Manchester United and Chelsea to go head-to-head for Radja Nainggolan – reports Tiemoue Bakayoko last_img read more