There is an open plan kitchen, living and dining area.Ms Roche said the owners had also received five offers before auction, but were happy with their decision to wait, with the home selling over reserve.The agent said there was a mixture of families and investors looking at the home, some of which are still looking to buy in the area. One of the bedrooms at 15 Clarendon St, East Brisbane.“East Brisbane is quite tightly held at the moment,” she said.“There are plenty of buyers around but not enough quality homes on the market … A family home like (15 Clarendon St) without a huge amount of maintenance is hard to come by.”Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 3:17Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -3:17 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels576p576p480p480p256p256p228p228pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenMichelle Hele’s May market wrap03:17 The kitchen at 15 Clarendon St, East Brisbane.The auction kicked off with an opening bid of $800,000, with the figure rising until consultation with the owners at $1,275,000 and finally landing on $1,297,000.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020“It was active bidding and everyone was getting involved,” Ms Roche said.“Towards the end, there were two bidders slowly but surely fighting it out.” The home at 15 Clarendon St, East Brisbane, sold for $1.297m.THIS East Brisbane home sold under the hammer to a family for $1,297,000.Ray White East Brisbane sales agent Madi Roche said the home at 15 Clarendon St had more than 30 groups at inspections and five registered bidders on auction day.
London: Centre-back Joel Matip has signed a new contract with Liverpool. Although the club did not reveal the length of Matip’s new contract, however media reports said Matip would now be tied to Anfield until 2024. Matip joined Liverpool on a free transfer from FC Schalke 04 in the summer of 2016 after graduating through the German club’s youth ranks and making more than 250 senior appearances for the — 194 of which were in the Bundesliga. The 28-year-old has since gone on to represent the Reds 107 times, scoring on five occasions.Joel Matip already has two goals to his name so far this term — his best tally during a campaign for Liverpool — and is due to return to action on Sunday against Manchester United having missed the clashes with FC Salzburg and Leicester City due to a minor knock.“It’s a great feeling to be a longer part of the club. It’s really just a great feeling,” Matip said on the club’s official website. “We have a young and talented team and I think every one of us is hungry. Now we’ve seen how it is to win something, and we want to have that feeling again,” he added. Matip missed the previous two games of Liverpool due to injury but is expected to return to action on Sunday against Manchester United. IANSAlso Read: Jimtum Tato Memorial Football, Volleyball Tournament from November 1Also Watch: BJP organized Gandhi Sankalpa Zatra in Dhemaji’s Silapathar
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisALPENA, Mich — If you’ve been out shopping at any of the major retailers in the area, you’ve probably seen Salvation Army kettle bell ringers near the front entrance. Thanks to three local, anonymous donors, money received from the kettle bell collections will be matched up to $3,000 Thanksgiving weekend.Every dollar raised in Alpena County will fund services in the area.Captain of the Salvation Army in Alpena, Amy Cedarvall, says most other years, the organization has only been able to match donations on the last shopping week before Christmas. This year, they’ll be able to match on both weekends.If you see kettle bell ringers when you’re out and about, especially this weekend, feel free to make a contribution that will go twice as far.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: anonymous, donations, donors, kettle bell, money, Salvation Army, ShoppingContinue ReadingPrevious USPS expects to deliver 20 million packages per day for 2019 holiday seasonNext NEMSCA partnering with WCMU radio to bring heat Michigan homes
One would imagine that a match-winning hundred like the 281 against Australia in the Kolkata Test would be the best moment in VVS Laxman’s career but no, the former India cricketer picked his maiden century against the same opposition in the Sydney Test as the one closer to his heart.The stylish batsman revealed this at the release of his autobiography ‘281 and Beyond’ in Hyderabad on Thursday night.Laxman, who shot to the limelight with a knock of 167 in 2000, believes this was closer to his heart as it was first international hundred and it gave him confidence and belief that he was capable of playing at the highest level.Also Read – Prithvi Shaw stole Virat Kohli’s thunder in Rajkot, says VVS Laxman”From 1996 to 2000, I never had a hundred. I never ever felt I was able to establish myself in the Indian team. If I had not got that 167, probably I would not have got another chance to play. The fashion in which I got these runs and against quality bowling on a challenging wicket and tough conditions gave me the confidence.””It removed doubts and apprehensions I had about my game. I started to feel that I belong to international cricket and that I can go out and perform against the best bowlers,” added Laxman in a chat with popular cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle.Also Read – Thanks for all the memories: Vaughan, Laxman pay tribute to Alastair CookLaxman, who retired from international cricket in 2012 after a career spanning 16 years, is known for his historic knock of 281 in 2001. His inning and record stand with Rahul Dravid, set up a stunning victory for India after following on.advertisementLaxman believes this was turning point for his career and also in the fortunes of the Indian team.He also revealed that this knock of 281 did not come as a surprise. Known as ‘Very Very Special’ in cricketing circles, Laxman said with the extensive fitness training and hard work, he was physically and mentally ready to play that kind of inning.Also Read – CAC trio of Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman could move away in new BCCIHe did not agree with Harsha Bhogle that 281 trapped him as people started to have huge expectations from him.”I learnt after the first 4 years of struggle at highest level that especially in our country you can’t afford to fall into a trap. Everyone will have expectations. I never played game to fulfill expectations of others.”Also Read – Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman plant saplings under Haritha Haram programmeThe event saw Harsha Bhogle in free and frank conversation with Laxman, his family members, former cricketers Arshad Ayub, Venkatapathi Raju and autobiography co-writer R. Kaushik.Telangana’s Information Technology Minister K.T. Rama Rao and badminton coach P. Gopichand also shared their views at the event attended by former cricketers, coaches and friends of Laxman.Also Read – VVS Laxman’s kids broke down after David Warner’s ball-tampering banLaxman, who preferred cricketing career over becoming a physician like his parents, said the toughest decision for him was giving up as an opening batsman.In 1996 when Laxman was included in the Indian team he was announced as an opener. “I took it up as a challenge. It was one of the tough decisions,” he said.When he was dropped in 2000, he joined the Hyderabad team and started playing first class cricket. “I told myself that I am going to lead the life as a first class cricketer. I decided I will work hard but I will never ever open the batting. It was toughest decision because there was no guarantee of getting into playing XI of India,” he said.He recalled that at that time the middle order was packed with experienced players like Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Mohammed Azharuddin and Sourav Ganguly.Laxman represented India in 134 Tests, scoring 8781 runs at 45.97. He scored 17 Test centuries, six of which came against Australia.(With IANS inputs)Also Watch – It’s one of weakest teams vs one of strongest, says Harbhajan Singh