first_imgMauricio Pochettino has confirmed Hugo Lloris will remain Tottenham captain despite being sentenced for a drink-driving charge earlier this week.Lloris, the France goalkeeper, was banned from driving for 20 months and fined £50,000 on Wednesday after admitting to a charge of drink-driving at Westminster magistrates court. 2 silverware Lloris admitted to a drink-driving charge earlier this week Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City SORRY REVEALED latest He was pulled over during a routine police stop in Marylebone in August, and was found to have a blood alcohol level of more than double the UK limit.There have been calls for Lloris to lose the armband due to his actions, but he remained captain for Spurs’ first match after he was charged – a 3-0 win at Manchester United. England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won Sky Sports presenter apologises for remarks made during Neville’s racism discussion changes How Everton could look in January under Ancelotti with new signings predicted The 31-year-old, who captained France to World Cup glory over the summer, missed Tottenham’s most recent game before the international break, and he’s set to be out for ‘several weeks’ further with a thigh injury. tense Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? revealed And now Pochettino, the club’s manager, has confirmed Lloris will keep the armband having already been punished internally.“He is the first to regret about everything and all that happened is not good, he doesn’t feel great,” Pochettino said. “He said he is sorry and he is a man and accepts his mistake.“Everyone can make a mistake, he made a mistake and he is suffering. He is punishing himself. That is a massive lesson for everyone, he was the first to tell me he made a mistake.”When asked if he would stay on as captain, he said: “Of course.” The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Did Mahrez just accidentally reveal Fernandinho is leaving Man City this summer? whoops Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Guardiola-inspired tactics: Is this how Arsenal will line up under Arteta? gameday cracker Most read in Premier League Lloris kept the armband after being charged and will now remain captain indefinitely 2last_img read more

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORERose Parade grand marshal Rita Moreno talks New Year’s Day outfit and ‘West Side Story’ remake The other motorist was identified as 45-year-old Harry Contos, who officials said was a recent transplant from Pennsylvania now residing with family members in Valencia. He had lacerations on his face, head and hands, along with some fractured ribs, officials said. Contos was being held at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital before being transferred for booking to the Santa Clarita Valley sheriff’s station on suspicion of felony driving under the influence. Officials investigating the crash closed Bouquet Canyon’s northbound lanes from Newhall Ranch Road to Soledad Canyon Road until 8 a.m, when they opened one lane. All lanes were open by 11 a.m. Carol Rock, (661) 257-5252 [email protected] SAUGUS – An early morning crash involving California Highway Patrol officers and a drunk-driving suspect turned morning traffic into a nightmare Wednesday on Bouquet Canyon Road. The CHP officers’ patrol car was hit head-on on Bouquet Canyon Road about 1:45 a.m. by a BMW sports car that drove the wrong way down the divided road after turning left off Newhall Ranch Road, sheriff’s Deputy Tony Arnold said. “The CHP unit was in the northbound lane and activated its full rotators (lights), pulling to the right to get away from him,” Arnold said. “The driver struck the center divider with the right side of his vehicle and continued into oncoming traffic, resulting in a head-on collision with the CHP unit.” Officer Richard Larson, the driver, and passenger Officer Christopher Cabral suffered what officials described as minor to moderate injuries; Larson had several lacerations and Cabral suffered a broken ankle and a concussion. They were transported to Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, where they were treated and released. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more