first_imgKolkata: Three minor boys were found inside three sacks at a local train at Guptipara in Hooghly on Monday. Some passengers of the train noticed the sacks were moving and informed the police.According to sources, everyday some passengers board the parcel compartment of the local train. On Monday morning, a few of them noticed some sacks kept inside the train were moving. Seeing the sacks moving, passengers got frightened and informed the Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel when the train reached Bandel railway station. Cops immediately seized the sacks. After opening a portion of the sack, they saw a boy’s head inside it. The boy was brought out of the sack. After opening the other two sacks two more minor boys were recovered. All three of them were found in semi- conscious state. Also Read – City bids adieu to Goddess DurgaThe boys were sent to a local hospital where they have been admitted. Police officers are waiting for their recovery as it is important to find out how these boys landed up inside sacks on a train. Meanwhile, police stations in Hooghly and other districts were informed and the pictures of the minor boys were provided to the cops. It is suspected that the boys could be victims of human-trafficking. A case has been initiated at the Bandel GRP. Till Monday night, none of the three boys could be identified.last_img read more

Alberta regulator says Nexen Energy can resume more oilsands pipeline operations by The Canadian Press Posted Sep 17, 2015 11:08 am MDT Last Updated Sep 17, 2015 at 12:00 pm MDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email CALGARY – Alberta’s energy regulator says Nexen Energy can resume more oilsands operations after it was forced to shutdown pipelines for not complying with maintenance and monitoring rules.Last month the company, a subsidiary of Chinese state-owned CNOOC Ltd., was ordered to cease operating 95 pipelines.The suspensions came as the regulator was investigating a July 15 pipeline spill at Nexen’s Long Lake operation that leaked about five million litres of bitumen, produced water and sand into muskeg.The regulator says on Sept. 6 it lifted most of the suspension order and on Wednesday lifted the order on another 10 production pipelines.But it says some pipeline operations remain suspended and will not be allowed to return to service until Nexen can show they can be operated safely.Nexen says it is committed to managing its operations in a safe, environmentally and socially responsible manner.The regulator says Nexen could still face penalties including prosecution depending on the results of an ongoing investigation. read more